Shaky Beats and Delicious Eats
Though Shaky Beats 2019 has reduced its footprint by a full day of music, they seem to have made some expansions to the festival vendors onsite. This year’s food vendor lineup has drastically improved by expanding to include a much more diverse variety of vendors. The staple vendors such as Island Noodles and King of Pops will be returning along side new additions like Williamson Brother BBQ, Tica’s Burger Joint & Meltdown Gourmet. Atlanta is not only a hot-bed of good music - it is also a cultural hot-bed of delicious food so make sure you bring enough cash to dive into some delicious bites in between sets. Here are our top ten must eat-at vendors on-site of Shaky Beats 2019 -
1. Island Noodles : 4.86 - Island. Noodles. Need we say more? Island Noodles are a Hawaiian inspired yakisoba stir-fried noodle medley that has become infamous among festival goers across the nation. From Rockville to Electric Forest to right here at Shaky Beats - Island Noodles are a sought after food vendor who’s line stays a mile long from the time the festival opens to the minute it closes. The ingredients are simmered in a sweet island sauce by the wok-stars to craft a delicious vegan dish. Teriyaki Chicken is available upon request to add to the dish. Any meal at Island Noodles is always money well spent.
2. Pizza Nova : 4.75 - Pizza nova and their adventurous family have been feeding the music festivals across the nation since 2010. The Pizza Nova family has become known throughout the festival community by their Pizza Nova-licious slices. Often times, you can find a Pizza Nova-licious party under the Roochute when the two forces collide at a festival. We highly recommend grabbing a slice and a cold drink in between sets to fuel your boogie at Shaky Beats.
3. Bear Claw Coffee Co : 4.56 - Bear Claw Coffee Company started in a log cabin nestled in a Michigan cornfield. Since then they have since made their way around the nation visiting various concerts and music festivals along the way. For any festy who may be strolling into the festival still half asleep from the night before, Bear Claw Coffee Company should be your very first stop after checking into the festival.
4. Williamson Brothers BBQ : 4.50 - Williamson Brothers BBQ are an Atlanta based barbecue restaurant that began in 1990. Till this day they still utilize a wood fired pit to craft some of the cities tastiest ribs, sandwiches and stuffed potatoes. They have gone as far as branding their barbecue sauces and selling them in grocery stores around the country as well as at their very own shop. They offer a wide variety of spices, meat rubs, gifts and even sauces by the gallon. Personally, I was beyond stoked to see them on the food lineup for this year’s festival. A plate from Williamson Brother’s is crafted with a southern soul and can really hit the spot if you’re looking to chow down while lounging during one of the headlining acts.
5. King Of Pops : 4.43 - King of Pops can be found throughout the venue under the rainbow umbrellas. They will be slinging their locally handcrafted popsicles all weekend for quick refreshment as you bounce back and forth between the different stages. King of Pops feature a variety of fruit based pops as well as cream based pops. All ingredients in their craft Popsicle are locally grown and top quality to insure that each and every pop is a quick and refreshing treat. King of Pops beats an ice cold lemonade at any festival on any days - hands down!
6. Meltdown Gourmet : 4.36 - Meltdown Gourmet is a brand new vendor featured on the Shaky Beats Food Vendor lineup. They are the undisputed champion for cheese steaks, wraps and melts in the food truck community. They have made a name for themselves throughout the festival community by touring the east coast’s music scene. They have even ventured as far our as Coachella. This is definitely the number one place to be for all the Atlanta grilled cheese lovers.
7. Pie Daddy -4.30 - Pie Daddy is bringing a taste of cultural flavor to Shaky Beats 2019. Pie Daddy will be slinging a fusion of Trinidadian and American delicacies featuring Carribean Fried Pies, Trini Fried Steak Bites and many more delicious dishes. Their “specialty mix of Trinidadian Herbs and Spices” has peaked our interest and we will definitely be marking their area on the festival map as a spot to grab a bite and relax.
8. Humpty’s Dumplings - 4.24 - Humpty’s Dumplings has made their way throughout the festival circuit and developed a huge fan base for their variety of savory and sweet dumplings. Humpty’s Dumplings has been named the Number One Place to Eat at Bonnaroo by Rolling Stone Magazine - so you know they mean absolute business with their bite sized delicacies. Their dumplings are a quick and delicious on-the-go meal to grab as you make your way to the next set of the day. These tastey little beauties have also been featured on the Travel Channel and the Cooking Channel. Do yourself a favor and make sure you grab a basket of dumplings - we suggest the sweet flavors!
9. The Pickle : 4.00 - The Pickle is an eclectic food truck by Ultimate Culinary’s mobile division that serves up fresh, chef inspired dishes at events all around the Southeast. They serve an array of dishes from tex-mex to Southern style dishes to bayou favorites. Their Southwestern and Cajun inspired items are the favorites are said to be among the top sought after items for food vendors at music festivals.
10. Tica’s Burger Joint : 3.90 - Tica’s Burger Joint is a sister concept to the infamous Tica’s Tacos. The founder’s of Tica’s Burger Joint have mastered the craft of touring music festivals as a food vendor through carefully re-branding and re-designing their menu to fit any occasion. Throughout their various concepts they offer burgers, tacos, breakfast, burritos, chicken nuggets , and gastro-pub favorites. They have mastered the craft of making sure that there is truly something for everyone across all their menus. The Tica’s Burger Joint menu offers burgers in three different styles and pub fries. For people who may be trying to stray away from red meat, they offer a Portabella Burger and Crispy Chicken with Szechaun Sauce. The pub style fries are already screaming my name.
Still don’t have tickets? Don’t sleep on your chance to secure wristbands now! Shaky Beats 2019 Tickets are still available starting at $139 for 2-day General Admission and $390 for 2-day VIP. Single day tickets to Shaky Beats are available starting at $99 for General Admission and $215 for VIP. If you catch a last minute ticket to paradise for this weekend, check out deals on last minute hotels through HotelTonight - cash in on some extra savings by using the code KADMARTIN101. If you’re able to score a hotel within walking distance, a Bird or Lime scooter can help make that trip back to the hotel even quicker. If you’re not feeling a scoot home, check out Uber with the code KADEM69UE for $5 off your first ride. Grab your dancin’ shoes and make room for some of the best food Atlanta has to offer - see you this weekend!