Top 10 Must-See Artists at Suwannee Hulaween
Suwannee Hulaween is right around the corner and that means attendees are getting wrapped up in the bustling of supply shopping, packing, and coordinating their travel plans. We are here to give you a highlight of the Top 10 must-see artists for this year’s big get down so you know exactly who to plan your weekend around! Make sure to download the official application for iOS and Android to start putting your customized schedule together today.
1. The String Cheese Incident - This suggestion should go without saying, however we want to make it clear that if you don’t catch a set by the String Cheese Incident , or two, then you have not truly attended Suwannee Hulaween. After all, it is their festival! If for some reason you only make it to one set during the festival, it is highly suggested to catch the themed set for the weekend. The String Cheese Incident will play seven sets throughout the four day festival, with one of the sets on Saturday tying into the festival’s theme for the year. This year’s theme is “Creatures of the Galaxy”, which has attendees on the edge of their seats for possible cover songs that Cheese has in store for us.
2. Jamiroquai - The one and only Space Cowboy has returned from a long hiatus of touring the United States and will be making a very special South-Eastern appearance at Suwannee Hulaween. Before their performance at Coachella earlier this year, it had been over a decade since Jamiroquai had made an appearance in the states. The band pioneered the electro-funk sound as they rose out of the acid-jazz era in Britain. They truly set the stage for many jam-funk bands that conquer the festival circuit today, so to see them making a long-awaited return to the festival circuit has many die hard fans coming out of the wood work to see his limited number of performances here in the United States. The vibes will be nothing short of groovy when Jay Kay conquers the main stage in the Meadow at Hulaween 2018.
3. ODESZA - Making their return to Suwannee Hulaween, ODESZA is building up a huge hype around their set. Many are excited to see ODESZA move up to a larger stage at Suwannee Hulaween as they brought out a thick crowd to their set at the festival in 2015. Their indietronic, electro-pop vibes will bring out attendees in droves to kick off the weekend on Friday night with the proper grooves. ODESZA is proving that EDM and electronic music can make it’s way into mainstream view as their song Line of Sight has been conquering airwaves worldwide for almost a year now. You definitely don’t want to miss the jaw dropping live performance that they have in store for Hulaween - it is certain it will make you feel some type of way.
4. Lizzo - When it comes to sets that will be absolutely amazing from start to finish at Hulaween 2018, it is imperative that we mention Queen Peach, better known by her stage name Lizzo. Lizzo is a hip-hop artist hailing from Minnesota that is ready to slay your eardrums with her fresh bars flute skills. You heard me. Her flute skills. Lizzo made her debut in 2013 with Lizzobangers and is now conquering the festival circuit. Lizzo will be melting faces with her flute skills and attendees will be anticipating her latest hits like Truth Hurts and Boys. She is blazing her trail as a musically-inclined role model as she radiates body positivity and utilizes studies in classical music to conquer the hip-hop scene in music. Her set at Suwannee Hulaween will definitely leave the crowd groovin’ and feelin’ good as hell.
5. Tipper - Dave Tipper is a British producer and composer that has mastered the art of electronic music as he ranges from ambient, trance to trip-hop and glitch-hop. Attendees of Suwannee Hulaween 2018 are more than excited to see Dave Tipper on the line-up as he has previously hosted his annual festival Tipper and Friends at the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park. Though it has not been announced whether Tipper will be playing an untempo or a downtempo set, attendees are stoked for his return to the Amphitheater stage as it will resemble a Tipper and Friends reunion party! The anticipation for Tipper’s set grows as Hulaween becomes closer everyday, so it is certain the crowd will be packed in tight with spunions ready to get down for his set.
6. Maddy O’Neal - Maddy O’Neal is one of the leading producers and composers proving that women are a force to be reckoned with in the music scene. As a self-taught musician conquering the EDM scene, O’Neal is making a name for herself throughout the music and festival scene as she has played at Red Rocks, Sonic Bloom, Camp Bisco and now Suwannee Hulaween. O’Neal has also recently been opening for the band Cherub on their Free Form tour. Her latest EP Dream State has some of the funkiest dance vibes that just make your feet move. If the set she throws down at Suwannee Hulaween is anything like her sets opening for Cherub, the attendees are in for a groovy treat.
7. Papadosio - Papadosio is a jamtronic band from Ohio that tours the festival circuit relentlessly year-round and pulls in a packed crowd every time. Their sound is so unique with mellow, trance-like vibes that just make you want to boogie. Papadosio will be bringing their funky basslines and mellow grooves to the Amphitheater stage on Thursday night to kick the Suwannee Hulaween pre-party off with a bang.
8. EOTO - The masterminds of looping and mixing, better known as the electronic duo EOTO, will be bringing some friends to the Patch stage at Suwannee Hulaween for the ultimate jam session. EOTO creates their music live by utilizing live instruments, loopers, midi controllers and mixers to craft some of the funkiest music on the planet. The duo formed as a side project out of The String Cheese Incident so we are more than excited to see what kind of wicked set they throw down at the Suwannee Hulaween pre-party.
9. REZZ - REZZ is a Canadian DJ and producer that made her debut in 2015 and has absolutely taken the music scene by storm. Her debut EP Insurrection and shortly after signed to the Mau5Trap. Upon signing to her new label, REZZ released 2 EPs known as The Silence is Deafening and Something is Wrong Here. She is currently touring and supporting her latest album Certain Kind of Magic and absolutely slaying the festival circuit. REZZ will be bringing her otherworldly vibes to close out the Amphitheater stage on Friday night.
10. Janelle Monáe - Janelle Monáe is an American entertainer who can conquered everything from singing, rapping, dancing and even acting. She released her first album known as The ArchAndroid just eight years ago and she has been slaying the music scene ever since. You may remember her from her guest vocals on We Are Young by Fun. Her latest album Dirty Computer is overflowing with funky hits that make you want to dance like Pynk and Make Me Feel. Monáe is one of the many artists on this years Suwannee Hulaween line proving that women are coming to conquer the music scene in 2019.